Saturday 15 February 2014

Some Cover Art... 'The Quick' (Lauren Owen)

I love this cover, purely because I can't help but wonder if this dapper chap ever thought he might appear on the cover of a book in the dim and distant future. Unless there's photoshop trickery going on here then, in which case, erm... it fooled me :o)
Either way, I love a cover that gets me thinking (even if it's one of my weird tangents) and the cover for 'The Quick' got me thinking. Have some blurb,

London, 1892: James Norbury, a shy would-be poet newly down from Oxford, finds lodging with a charming young aristocrat. Through this new friendship, he is introduced to the drawing-rooms of high society, and finds love in an unexpected quarter. Then, suddenly, he vanishes without a trace. Unnerved, his sister, Charlotte, sets out from their crumbling country estate determined to find him. In the sinister, labyrinthine city that greets her, she uncovers a secret world at the margins populated by unforgettable characters: a female rope walker turned vigilante, a street urchin with a deadly secret, and the chilling “Doctor Knife.” But the answer to her brother’s disappearance ultimately lies within the doors of one of the country’s preeminent and mysterious institutions: The Aegolius Club, whose members include the most ambitious, and most dangerous, men in England.

'The Quick' is being published in the US in the middle of June but, if the weather carries on like this, I could see myself reading it a lot sooner. There's something about all this rain and wind that makes me want to curl up with an absolutely massive book and get lost in it (although if Hope wants me to play 'lightsaber fights' then I might have to wait a little while longer...)

No comments:

Post a Comment