Wednesday 29 January 2014

The Biggest Ebook Ever...?

Well that might be pushing the point a little too far but I can't think of any others that are bigger... :o) Tor have just released 'The Complete Malazan Book of the Fallen' as an ebook only bundle with a search function for those awkward moments where you get five or six books and realise that you can't tell your Tiste Andii from your Tiste Edur. Admit it, it's happened to all of us at one point or another ;o)
The cover art looks pretty damn cool as well. Check it out...



I'm still reading stuff via my phone, these days, and there is no way that I would even think of tackling the Malazan books on that screen. If a migraine didn't take up residence first, there is every chance that my eyeballs would just pack their bags and leave; I'm not going to do that to them.
This news has reminded me though that my Malazan reading ground to a dead halt about a hundred or so pages into 'Dust of Dreams'; I'm never going to be able to pick up from where I left off but maybe a 'Grand Malazan Re-Read' might be in order, a book a month maybe? Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Could you imagine the size of it if it wasn't an ebook only?!?! I'd have to get with a trainer for months just to lift it off the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my brain can fully comprehend a book that size! The only book that would be bigger (I think) would be a collected 'Wheel of Time' series and I can't fully comprehend that either :o)

    ReplyDelete